The Sasfin Plett Wine & Bubbly Festival is over and organisers are now working on the next event which will be published soon. Check back for updates or join our mailing list to stay up to date with news and event information.
Sat 4th – Sun 5th of October ... Plett Wine & Bubbly Festival
The Plett Wine & Bubbly Festival – a celebration of our winelands and superb coastal wines and bubbly.
Click here for full details
Sat 04 October 2014 ... Plett Wine & Bubbly Launch
By invitation, formal launch to sponsors and guests, Wesgro, Plett Tourism and Municipality Official Guests, Business Chamber, GAA, Restaurant Association, Press and other Media.
Fri 03 - Sat 04 October 2014 ... Plett Winelands Golf Classic
A two day golf tournament at the Plettenberg Bay Country Club.
For entry information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For details of the Plett Winelands Golf Classic event, click here
Mon 06 - Sun 12 October 2014 ... Plett Wine Estate Events
A programme of lunches, music, soirees, cellar tour and tastings hosted by the Wine Estates.
Click here for details on each event
The Plett Wine & Bubbly Route took a huge step forward in late November 2013 when wine estate owners endorsed a Plett Tourism plan to develop a unique, wine and bubbly centred experience stretching from Harkerville to the Crags.
The Plett Winelands already includes 16 wine estates and will be officially launched in 2014. In the meantime, here are some Plett Wine & Bubbly facts to whet your taste buds:
- There are 16 estates; Bramon Estates produces some 80 000 bottles per annum and assists other estates with producing 100 000 bottles per annum.
- Most are producing Sauvignon Blanc and Bubbly – and the quality is considered to be on a par with that produced in New Zealand’s world renowned Marlborough estates.
- Several estates are investing, or planning to invest, in new vineyards and wine cellars.
- You can book to taste wine at most of the estates.
- You can ride horses or hike between some estates – Bramon, Newstead Estates and Anderson Wines link with lodges such as Hogs Hollow and Tamodi.
- We hope by the time you return next year we will have a Plett Winelands Store selling the best of the region under one roof.
- We are also looking at integrating the emerging Plett Winelands with home industry products, township tours, farm tours, restaurants, lodges, B&B’s, and hiking, mountain bike and horse trails.
Find out more...
There are as many as 16 wine estates in the Plett region and many provide wine tasting, some by appointment.
Click on each to find out more...
Other vineyards in the Plett Winelands Region include:
- Fijnbosch Wine Estate
- Kraaibosch Kloof
- That Wine
For details on vineyards, events or general enquiries:
Contact: Patty Butterworth
Tel: 083 453 5331
Fax: 086 241 1975
To subscribe to our newsletters, please click here