Sat 4th – Sun 5th of October
Plett Wine & Bubbly Festival
SIP more than 30 local wines and bubbles,
SAVOUR the delicacies of artisanal foods and eateries,
SEA the Big Blue and ENJOY the festivities along the PlettWinelands.
Former hidden wine gems now sparkle in Plett. A burgeoning wine tourism hotspot has been unearthed in the coastal town of Plettenberg Bay. This is one of South Africa’s newest wine of origin regions and has become popularly known for its award-wining Methodé Cap Classique sparkling wines and still wines every year.
For a little taste of that extraordinary Plett feeling, plan ahead and take a trip in October to the Plett Wine & Bubbly Festival on the 4th and 5th. That is the same time as whale season, sunny cool days and school holidays. Imagine blissfully sipping a crisp MCC or a fine Pinot Noir at the Beacon Island Resort, with the sun freckling your face as you watch whales frolicking in the waves. A unique experience indeed.
Ticket sales now open at www.quicket.co.za.
DATE: 04 and 05 October 2014
VENUE: Beacon Island Resort
TIMES: 12h00 – 18h00
COST: R250 per person
Children aged 12-16: R100 per person
Children under 12: Free
Register for our news emailer to receive the latest news and updates about this festival.
Fri 3rd – Sat 4th of October
Plett Winelands Golf Classic
Sip, Savour & Swing Away at the Plett Winelands Golf Classic to be held during the Plett Wine & Bubbly Festival
The 2 day competition will held in the Better Ball Stableford format at the beautiful Plettenberg Bay Country Club and entrants into the tournament will receive a ticket to the Plett Wine & Bubbly Festival at the Beacon Island Resort.
Date: 3 & 4 October 2014
Venue: Plettenberg Bay Country Club
Price: R500pp including a ticket to the Plett Wine & Bubbly Festival
For more information on the Plett Winelands Golf Classic contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sat 4th – Sun 5th of October ... Plett Wine & Bubbly Festival
The Plett Wine & Bubbly Festival – a celebration of our winelands and superb coastal wines and bubbly.
Click here for full details
Sat 04 October 2014 ... Plett Wine & Bubbly Launch
By invitation, formal launch to sponsors and guests, Wesgro, Plett Tourism and Municipality Official Guests, Business Chamber, GAA, Restaurant Association, Press and other Media.
Fri 03 - Sat 04 October 2014 ... Plett Winelands Golf Classic
A two day golf tournament at the Plettenberg Bay Country Club.
Entries opening soon on www.pletttourism.com
Mon 06 - Sun 12 October 2014 ... Plett Wine Estate Events
A programme of lunches, music, soirees, cellar tour and tastings hosted by the Wine Estates.
Click here for details on each event
The Plett Wine & Bubbly Route took a huge step forward in late November 2013 when wine estate owners endorsed a Plett Tourism plan to develop a unique, wine and bubbly centred experience stretching from Harkerville to the Crags.
The Plett Winelands already includes 16 wine estates and will be officially launched in 2014. In the meantime, here are some Plett Wine & Bubbly facts to whet your taste buds:
- There are 16 estates; Bramon Estates produces some 80 000 bottles per annum and assists other estates with producing 100 000 bottles per annum.
- Most are producing Sauvignon Blanc and Bubbly – and the quality is considered to be on a par with that produced in New Zealand’s world renowned Marlborough estates.
- Several estates are investing, or planning to invest, in new vineyards and wine cellars.
- You can book to taste wine at most of the estates.
- You can ride horses or hike between some estates – Bramon, Newstead Estates and Anderson Wines link with lodges such as Hogs Hollow and Tamodi.
- We hope by the time you return next year we will have a Plett Winelands Store selling the best of the region under one roof.
- We are also looking at integrating the emerging Plett Winelands with home industry products, township tours, farm tours, restaurants, lodges, B&B’s, and hiking, mountain bike and horse trails.
Find out more...
There are as many as 16 wine estates in the Plett region and many provide wine tasting, some by appointment.
Click on each to find out more...
Other vineyards in the Plett Winelands Region include:
- Fijnbosch Wine Estate
- Kraaibosch Kloof
- That Wine
For details on vineyards, events or general enquiries:
Contact: Patty Butterworth
Tel: 083 453 5331
Fax: 086 241 1975
To subscribe to our newsletters, please click here